Every April, we join the personal finance field in celebrating Financial Literacy Month – a national effort to highlight the importance of financial literacy and teach Americans how to establish and maintain healthy financial habits.
This year, we are taking this opportunity to connect, raise awareness for and celebrate the AFCPE® community – professionals who are focused on financial literacy and financial education 365 days a year!
Who is the AFCPE Community?
Our diverse and inclusive community is made up of AFCPE certified professionals, certification candidates and members who work across the continuum of the personal finance field – as financial educators, counselors, coaches, planners, therapists, researchers and more. Individuals within the AFCPE community:
- Believe in delivering the highest standard of professionalism and excellence for ALL people – not just those with wealth.
- Are committed to a higher level of knowledge because each person is unique and deserves a customized financial solution.
- Care about their clients and their communities, using their expertise to help people reach life goals and expand opportunities.
- Are forward-thinking, compassionate – making a difference not just in dollars and cents, but in people’s lives.
So how can you get involved? This month, we invite you to:
- Visit our blog! Beginning April 1, each day we will introduce you to a fellow professional within the AFCPE community.
- Follow us on social media! All month long, we will share fun facts, tips, quotes and more from professionals within our community – allowing you to get to know our people on a personal level, to inspire you in your work and to raise awareness for the value of financial literacy.
- Engage in the conversation! Respond to our spotlights! Answer the daily questions asked, share your favorite tips and resources, and let us know about you and your work. This is a great opportunity to expand your network and your personal finance knowledge.
- Join the AFCPE community! Become an AFCPE Member. Get Certified. Attend a professional development webinar or training. Because together, we can share the value of financial literacy and positively affect financial well-being all year long.
Connecting and supporting our professionals is at the heart of our mission. At AFCPE, we:
Listen: As financial professionals, you know firsthand the value of listening of first. We want to learn more about your unique background and experiences, so that we can then:
Guide: We present you with tailored options to fit your unique professional needs. Whether it’s certification, training or membership – we will help you find the resource and build the skills to grow and enhance your career and to create lasting impact in the lives of those you serve.
Connect: AFCPE bridges the gap between financial education, research and practice, connecting you to a diverse and inclusive community of professionals. Learn and share new ideas to help grow and expand programming, create strong partnerships and, ultimately, impact the financial well-being of our country and your local communities.
Support: We are a close-knit community that values connection and passion. We support you through research, professional development, training, certification, our annual Symposium and a strong professional network, and we are committed to building awareness for the great work you are doing each and every day!