COVID19 (Coronavirus): We have received a few questions about COVID19. While we have no intention of cancelling the AFCPE Symposium at this time, we are continuing to monitor the situation, as the safety of our members is of the utmost importance.
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website is the best source for daily comprehensive information on the national response. However, we will continue to provide updates here and via email, and as we get closer to opening registration in June. In the meantime, we encourage you to save the date and/or submit a proposal to present. We look forward to seeing you this November!
Save the Date:
November 18 – 20, 2020
New Orleans, LA
Each year, the AFCPE Symposium brings together a diverse and inclusive community of professionals working across the personal finance field. Connect with professionals (old and new) and share research and ideas to help empower and impact the individuals and communities that you serve!
November 16 & 17
AFC Review & Exam
8 AM – 4 PM CT (approx time)
JFCP & FINRA Foundation Workshop
12 – 5 PM CT
Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning is calling for papers on the trends of consumer finance over the last decade. Papers need to use data sets from the FINRA Investor Education Foundation’s National Financial Capability Study (NFCS). Learn More.
If accepted, one author from each accepted paper will receive:
- A travel reimbursement for one economy airline ticket
- 1-night hotel stay at the AFCPE Symposium sponsored hotel
Deadline to submit: August 1, 2020. Learn More
Workshop will also be open to pre-registered attendees.
Embrace the spirit of New Orleans! This year’s Symposium hotel, the New Orleans Marriott, is nestled on NOLA’s famed Canal Street between the French Quarter and the Warehouse District.
SUPPORT THE AFCPE SYMPOSIUM
Share resources. Make connections. Enhance visibility. Expand Impact.
Become a 2020 AFCPE Symposium Sponsor!
Download the 2020 AFCPE® Symposium Sponsorship packet.
Become a 2020 AFCPE Symposium Exhibitor!
Download the 2020 AFCPE® Symposium Exhibitor packet.
LAST YEAR’S AFCPE® SYMPOSIUM SPONSORS
LAST YEAR’S AFCPE SYMPOSIUM EXHIBITORS
- Bama by Distance – The University of Alabama*
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- Credit Builders Alliance
- Credit Karma
- Enrich / iGrad, Inc
- Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund (FEEA)
- Federal Trade Commission
- FINRA Investor Education Foundation
- Garrett Planning Network
- Kansas State University Global Campus
- LifeWise Strategies / Money Habitudes
- MFLN Personal Finance
- National Credit Union Administration
- National Disability Institute
- National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE)
- PersonalFinanceLab.com (Stock-Trak)
- Sacred Money Studios
- Self, Inc.
- UGA Financial Planning*
- The USAA Educational Foundation*
- The University of Illinois Extension*
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Utah State University Extension – PowerPay
- Wells Fargo
- XY Planning Network
- The Yellow Ribbon Network
- Zeiders Enterprises
Kate Leiva, AFC®
"At the AFCPE Symposium, I feel validated and enriched by a community of like-minded professionals who really want to help people. Most of us spend our time focused on others, but for those few days, we get to focus on our own professional development, learning and networking. It’s a great feeling!"
2021 AFCPE Symposium
November 10 – 12, 2020
There are two ways to achieve AFCPE member status.
1. If you paid the annual professional member dues of $150 (or $100 for certification candidates or $35 for student members) for the current symposium year (2019), you are entitled to the member registration price. Check your AFCPE membership status at my.afcpe.org.
2. If you attended the symposium the previous year, you automatically received a complimentary membership for the following year. For example, if you attended the AFCPE Symposium in 2019, you are a member for 2020.
The certification program and membership are completely separate. Membership dues are paid annually. Membership dues are $150 for our professional members, $100 for our certification candidate members and $35 for AFCPE student members.
If you have successfully completed the certification program, you will pay an annual fee to maintain your designation ($55). If you would like to become a member in addition to maintaining your designation, you would need to pay both the certification annual fee and the membership dues annually.
Yes! Please remember that anyone who will be attending the symposium needs to register.
Yes. All symposium registrants are responsible for their travel and hotel arrangements. See Hotel & Travel section for more information.
Yes, we will be live streaming our General Sessions. You can also order live stream and recordings for our 2019 General Session Speakers.
Please review AFCPE’s Symposium Cancellation Policy as of March 2020. Updated cancellation policy will be available when registration opens in June.
By attending Symposium (Nov 18-20) and completing the survey in the #AFCPE2020 Symposium app, attendees will earn up to fifteen (15) CEUs.
Please Note: More details will be sent out after the Symposium (in late November).