This year, we are meeting you where you are.
The 2020 AFCPE Symposium is going Virtual!
And trust us, it’s an EXPERIENCE you won’t want to miss!
Save the Date:
November 16 – 20, 2020
Symposium registration coming late Summer
- A week-long experience filled with the same great content, networking opportunities, and more!
- You’ll leave with new ideas to share with colleagues and clients and with renewed excitement in your work.
- We know that connection is more important now, than ever before, which is why there will be plenty of networking opportunities and events to keep you engaged and connected.
- Bonus: You’ll save time and travel costs.
- And you’ll no longer have to agonize over which breakout to attend – if you miss a session, it will be available on demand!
#ExperienceAFCPE will be informative, inspirational, and of course…fun!
The same incredible event you look forward to every year – re-imagined.
November 16 & 17
AFC Review & Exam
8 AM – 4 PM CT (approx time)
JFCP & FINRA Foundation Workshop
12 – 5 PM CT
Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning is calling for papers on the trends of consumer finance over the last decade. Papers need to use data sets from the FINRA Investor Education Foundation’s National Financial Capability Study (NFCS). Learn More.
If accepted, one author from each accepted paper will receive:
- A travel reimbursement for one economy airline ticket
- 1-night hotel stay at the AFCPE Symposium sponsored hotel
Deadline to submit: August 1, 2020. Learn More
Workshop will also be open to pre-registered attendees.
LAST YEAR’S AFCPE SYMPOSIUM EXHIBITORS
- Bama by Distance – The University of Alabama*
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB)
- Credit Builders Alliance
- Credit Karma
- Enrich / iGrad, Inc
- Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund (FEEA)
- Federal Trade Commission
- FINRA Investor Education Foundation
- Garrett Planning Network
- Kansas State University Global Campus
- LifeWise Strategies / Money Habitudes
- MFLN Personal Finance
- National Credit Union Administration
- National Disability Institute
- National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE)
- PersonalFinanceLab.com (Stock-Trak)
- Sacred Money Studios
- Self, Inc.
- UGA Financial Planning*
- The USAA Educational Foundation*
- The University of Illinois Extension*
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Utah State University Extension – PowerPay
- Wells Fargo
- XY Planning Network
- The Yellow Ribbon Network
- Zeiders Enterprises
Kate Leiva, AFC®
"At the AFCPE Symposium, I feel validated and enriched by a community of like-minded professionals who really want to help people. Most of us spend our time focused on others, but for those few days, we get to focus on our own professional development, learning and networking. It’s a great feeling!"
2021 AFCPE Symposium
November 10 – 12, 2020
There are two ways to achieve AFCPE member status.
1. If you paid the annual professional member dues of $150 (or $100 for certification candidates or $35 for student members) for the current symposium year (2020), you are entitled to the member registration price. Check your AFCPE membership status at my.afcpe.org.
2. If you attended the symposium the previous year, you automatically received a complimentary membership for the following year. For example, if you attended the AFCPE Symposium in 2019, you are a member for 2020.
The certification program and membership are completely separate. Membership dues are paid annually. Membership dues are $150 for our professional members, $100 for our certification candidate members and $35 for AFCPE student members.
If you have successfully completed the certification program, you will pay an annual fee to maintain your designation ($55). If you would like to become a member in addition to maintaining your designation, you would need to pay both the certification annual fee and the membership dues annually.
Yes! Please remember that anyone who will be attending the symposium needs to register.
This year’s symposium is virtual, so even if you cannot attend every session, they will be available to you on demand. You can also order live stream and recordings for our 2019 General Session Speakers.
Organizations or individuals interested in supporting the AFCPE Symposium may contact Rachael DeLeon, Director of Communications & Member Services, AFCPE.
Please review AFCPE’s Symposium Cancellation Policy.
More details will be available when Symposium Registration opens late Summer 2020.