November 16 – 20, 2020
2020 AFCPE Virtual Symposium
An EXPERIENCE you won’t want to miss!
Early Bird Registration Ends October 15, 2020!
If you believe in a future where all people — regardless of income or background — deserve financial security through the highest quality financial counseling, coaching and education, then the AFCPE® Symposium is the place to find your people!
At the AFCPE Virtual Symposium, you will:
- Gain valuable knowledge, information, and resources to better support your clients, students, and communities.
- Hear from industry experts on the newest research in personal finance and learn how to distill these insights into your own work.
- Share new perspectives and talk best practices with those who share both your passion for helping people and your demand for excellence.
Whether you’re new to the field or have been working in financial education, research, or practice for years, the AFCPE® community has a place for you.
Join us for #ExperienceAFCPE:
Informative, inspirational, and of course…fun!
JFCP & FINRA Foundation Workshop
Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning is hosting a session on the trends of consumer finance over the last decade. Papers discussed will use data sets from the FINRA Investor Education Foundation’s National Financial Capability Study (NFCS). The workshop will provide a platform for authors and discussants to examine the validity of the findings, implications for practitioners and researchers, and directions to improve the research papers.
Workshop will also be open to pre-registered attendees to observe the session.
2020 AFCPE SYMPOSIUM EXHIBITORS
- Advantage Publications
- America Saves
- Bama by Distance
- Credit Builders Alliance
- Edmit, Inc.
- FINRA Investor Education Foundation
- Finanzas Al Máximo
- Funding the Future
- Geben Communication
- JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE)
- Self, Inc.
- Simply Paraplanner
- University of Illinois Extension
- Wells Fargo
- XY Planning Network
- Zeiders Enterprises
Kate Leiva, AFC®
"At the AFCPE Symposium, I feel validated and enriched by a community of like-minded professionals who really want to help people. Most of us spend our time focused on others, but for those few days, we get to focus on our own professional development, learning and networking. It’s a great feeling!"
2021 AFCPE Symposium
November 10 – 12, 2020
There are two ways to achieve AFCPE member status.
1. If you paid the annual professional member dues of $150 (or $100 for certification candidates or $35 for student members) for the current symposium year (2020), you are entitled to the member registration price. Check your AFCPE membership status at my.afcpe.org.
2. If you attended the symposium the previous year, you automatically received a complimentary membership for the following year. For example, if you attended the AFCPE Symposium in 2019, you are a member for 2020.
The certification program and membership are completely separate. Membership dues are paid annually. Membership dues are $150 for our professional members, $100 for our certification candidate members and $35 for AFCPE student members.
If you have successfully completed the certification program, you will pay an annual fee to maintain your designation ($55). If you would like to become a member in addition to maintaining your designation, you would need to pay both the certification annual fee and the membership dues annually.
Yes! Please remember that anyone who will be attending the symposium needs to register.
This year’s symposium is virtual, so even if you cannot attend every session, they will be available to you on demand. You can also order live stream and recordings for our 2019 General Session Speakers.
Organizations or individuals interested in supporting the AFCPE Symposium may contact Rachael DeLeon, Director of Communications & Member Services, AFCPE.
Please review AFCPE’s Symposium Cancellation Policy.
More details will be available when Symposium Registration opens late Summer 2020.