A self-paced, online professional development course that is designed to give you the tools and resources needed to improve your ability to serve clients from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Course participants have access to Essentials courses for 12 months from their date of registration.
The online course covers:
- The history of financial access and how that impacts personal finance today.
- Going beyond race, to better support people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Implicit bias and effective communication.
- Financial empathy.
This course also provides 10 tools to make your practice more inclusive, including:
- Guide to Inclusive Hiring
- Making Accessible PowerPoints
- Referral Network Templates for Professionals and Clients
- Equity Screen
- Identifying Hidden Barriers to Financial Access
Who Should Take DEI Essentials?
- Finance professionals
- Social workers
- Anyone interested in developing a deeper understanding of financial inequality
Program Cost: $359*
*Special pricing available for groups of 10 or more.
** AFCPE Members save 10%. Become an AFCPE Member. Learn More.
Course is pre-approved for 12 CEUs and satisfies the ethics/standards of practice requirement for AFC® Certified Professionals.
Course is pre-approved for 2.5 CEUs for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (CFP®) Certified Professionals.