Welcome to the 2021 Sponsor Spotlight series! As we prepare for #AFCPE2021, November 15-19, 2021, we are excited to introduce you to our Sponsors and the incredible people who work for these organizations. Learn more about the organizations and the people you’ll meet in the virtual Exhibit Hall this November.
Who We Are. What We Do. Why It Matters.
America Saves empowers all, particularly those who are financially vulnerable, to save effectively in order to reduce debt and build wealth. America Saves is proud of our strategic messaging that motivates savers to take action to save successfully because we know that saving with a plan makes savers 2xs more likely to meet their goal and saving automatically using split deposit is the easiest and most efficient way to save. We offer support and resources to anyone who wants to save, and we believe our Savers can begin their saving journey with a mindset of “Start Small, Think Big.” “Thinking Like A Saver” looks different for everyone, and we celebrate those small and big wins. There should be a “no shaming” approach when it comes to encouraging people to save. All of this is important work for individuals and for our community because saving for your past (reducing debt), present (emergency fund), and future (long term savings such as retirement, education, and homeownership) is essential in creating financial stability.
What We Offer:
We offer resources to businesses and organizations who want to support their employees, constituents, or clients to save. We center our savings intervention around our Pledge to save, which empowers a person to make a savings plan. Our suite of resources and programs are free, and include Split to Save to encourage employee savings, and America Saves for Young Workers to promote savings in youth. Finally, we make it easy to support your audience to save: once they’ve taken the Pledge, they get behavioral economics-based emails and text nudges, access to our virtual town halls, and even opportunities to enter our emergency fund sweepstakes.
Check Out These Resources:
Follow Us Here:
@AmericaSaves on Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Get to know Amanda Woods, Program Coordinator at America Saves
What you are most looking forward to at #AFCPE2021?
After reading through the agenda, I’m excited about the wide variety of topics available for breakout sessions. There are several sessions that I’ll be looking forward to attending so that I can share the information and insights with my team!
- My why: My why feels pretty simple – I try to approach my life, both personally and professionally, in ways that support community and connection. I think it’s important that we work to ensure that those around us have what they need to live happy, healthy, and fulfilled lives.
- My favorite quote: “Ask yourself: Why am I seeing and feeling this? How am I growing? What am I learning? Remember: Every coincidence is potentially meaningful. How high your awareness level is determines how much meaning you get from your world.” -Ansel Adams
- My hero: My mom. She was a fierce woman who lead with her heart and always compassionately yet unapologetically went after what she wanted in her life. She taught me to stand firmly in who I am, and to always be willing to lean into discomfort if there is growth on the other side.
- My favorite personal finance resource: I have to say the America Saves pledge (you know this was coming!). I think as a resource it has the ability to ignite the honest personal conversation about where we are financially, where we want to be, and how we plan to get there. That people can take this step, setting a goal, and then be supported along the way by the America Saves nudges is truly beneficial to help them realize they’re not alone on what can sometimes be a challenging journey. I recommend this tool every chance I get (even before I joined the America Saves team!).
- My best tip for attending a professional development event: Be as engaged as possible with all opportunities for growth, and be willing to explore insights and ideas that may be new
Be sure to stop by America Save’s virtual exhibit booth at #AFCPE2021!