Application Deadline: Monday, February 19, 2018
We are seeking three professionals to serve on the 2018 AFCPE Certification Council. The Certification Council is an integral part of AFCPE’s certification programs, helping to lead the association dedicated to furthering the field of personal financial counseling, coaching and education. Open spots must be filled by:
- 1 AFC® certified professional
- 1 AFCC® certified professional
- 1 Public Member* (See definition of Public Member below. We encourage you, as a certified professional, to forward this message to a peer who DOES NOT work in the field, but who may have interest in serving in this capacity.)
By serving as a volunteer council member, you:
- Play a significant role in certification policy and procedures.
- Enhance the value of AFCPE certification for our professionals and consumers.
- Have access to up-to-date information about the challenges facing the profession.
- Get to exchange ideas and perspectives with a diverse group of volunteer leaders.
Applicants should possess:
- The AFC or AFCC Certification in good standing (Public Member applicants excluded from this requirement).
- Career focus within the field of financial counseling, coaching or education (Public Member applicants excluded from this requirement).
- Demonstrated leadership commitment and involvement with AFCPE (Public Member applicants excluded from this requirement).
- Relevant expertise in the disciplines of organizational management.
- Availability to participate in, at minimum, 1 face-to-face and 2-3 conference call meetings each year.
- Positive leadership attributes, emotional intelligence, ability to work collaboratively and engage in appropriate debate and discussion when needed, and visionary and strategic drive.
- Demonstrated ability of new and innovative programs within their sphere of influence. Examples include, but are not limited to, incorporating strategy, leadership, future focus, risk taking and an entrepreneurial spirit.
If you’d like to apply, please complete the application. You can also learn more, by downloading the Certification Council Policy Manual.
Click here to apply
Note: Under ‘Need an Account?’ click ‘Sign Up’.
All applications must be submitted by Monday, February 19, 2018.
Questions? Please contact our Certification Council Nomination Committee Chair, Madeleine Greene.
*What is a Public Member?
The Council includes a Public Member appointed to represent the direct and indirect users of the services of AFCPE certificants, to broaden the perspective of the Council, and focus attention on consumer concerns as they relate to quality and effectiveness. The Public Member has no professional/career affiliation with personal finance, financial counseling, or certification. The public member will meet the criteria established in the current National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) Standards for the Accreditation of Certification Programs. As such, the public member:
- Is not, and has never been, an Accredited Financial Counselor or Certified Housing Counselor or other financial care professional
- Is not a member of a profession related to finance or a profession that provides services complementary to financial counseling
- Does not employ Accredited Financial Counselors, Certified Housing Counselors and/or is not employed by financial counseling professionals
- Is not a current or past employee of a certification organization or certification testing company/vendor
- Is not deriving more that 5% of their total income from the financial care profession (this provision also applies to the 5 years preceding appointment as a public member)
- Has not worked for or provided contract services to AFCPE at any time during the 5 years preceding appointment as a public member
- May have previously served as a public member for other boards
The Public Member is a full, voting member of the Council and is expected to perform the same duties as those of all other voting Certification Council members.
Leave a Reply