A professional development course that takes you through the essential steps of money management. Providing a firm financial foundation – for you and those you serve.
Rooted in the core competencies of the AFC®, Money Management Essentials covers:
- Student Loans
- Debt Reduction
- Credit Cards and Loans
- Major Purchases
- Risk Management
- Health Care and Life Insurance
- Financial Counseling
- Money Management
- Investment Basics
Money Management Essentials Participant
"I felt the course was well thought out and perfectly executed. I hate taking tests/quizzes but I felt comfortable taking the Money Management Essentials' quizzes. I liked that the quiz gave you an opportunity to learn more about why I answered the question wrong."
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
Passionate individuals who want to enhance their personal finance knowledge.
This may include, but is not exclusive to:
- Volunteers at community-based or nonprofit organizations
- K-12 Personal Finance Educators
- University Student Money Management Center peer mentors
- Credit Counselors
- Bank/Credit Union Personnel
- Service professionals who are looking to expand their financial knowledge
- Professionals interested in going on to achieve the AFC® or FFC® certification*
Within the first year of your Money Management Essentials completion date, you are eligible to receive a discount on your AFC® (Accredited Financial Counselor®) exam.
Here are the details:
- Simply upload your Money Management Essential badge of completion when you register for the AFC certification program.
- You will be credited for the Money Management Essentials course when you are approved for the AFC® exam.
- This will reduce your AFC® exam fee by the amount that you paid for Money Management Essentials!
Money Management Essentials
This approximately 10-hour online course provides you with a solid financial foundation to better assist those whom you serve.
Program Cost: $325*
*Special pricing available for groups of 10 or more.
Want to save $20 off Money Management Essentials Registration? Become an AFCPE Member. Learn More.
Questions? Contact AFCPE Professional Development