Become an Accredited Financial Counselor® (AFC®)
AFC® certification helps you better understand how diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences impact your clients’ money behaviors. The AFC also raises your confidence and credibility with your clients, and is accredited through The National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
At AFCPE we recognize that budgets and resources might be limited, but your commitment to helping people achieve lasting financial well-being is not.
Which is why we offer Essentials Courses! Essentials Courses are online and self-paced to meet you where you are – giving you the tools and resources to make a lasting impact in the lives of those you serve.
- Money Management Essentials
- Financial Inclusion Essentials – Pre-approved for 2 CEUs for CFP professionals
- Military Essentials – Pre-approved for 5 CEUs for CFP professionals
- College Finance Essentials
→ Credit Building Symposium attendees can save 25% off any Essentials course with the code: BridgingTheGap by June 18th, 2023.
- Take advantage of free professional development
- Network and share resources with a strong, professional community
- Access research that informs practice
- Find career development and growth opportunities
- Take advantage of award recognition and grant funding
- And discounts and certification, education, symposium, and partner resources
The 2023 AFCPE Symposium will be in-person in New Orleans this year! Join us from November 29 – December 1 at the New Orleans Marriott. There will be a condensed virtual option.
Each year, the AFCPE Symposium brings together a diverse and inclusive community of professionals working across the personal finance field. AFCPE Symposium is the intersection of financial education, research, and practice.
The expertise and passion of our community make it an event like no other!