Written By: Rebecca Wiggins
Each year, time seems to pass more quickly. The first quarter of 2020 has been busy planning new initiatives, partnerships, and benefits for you! Believe it or not, planning for the 2020 Symposium this Fall is well under way. Here are just a few things we have been up to:
There are more reasons than ever before to join AFCPE Membership. In addition to our research journal, newsletter articles, strong network of professionals, and award opportunities, we continue to bring AFCPE Members new discounts and resources. What’s coming:
- AFCPE Online Forum: Launching later this Spring, our new online forum will offer an interactive space for AFCPE Members to virtually connect, exchange ideas, and share resources on topics that matter to you.
The Member Services Team is committed to building partnerships that bring our members new tools and resources to meet your personal and professional needs. Two new partnerships include:
- Loan Buddy: LoanBuddy technology automatically calculates options for federal income-driven repayment programs and helps you track Public Service Loan Forgiveness for borrowers that qualify. Financial Counselors will save time generating graphs and reports they can use to guide people through the lifecycle of their loans. AFCPE Members save 50% on this software.
- MemberDeals: On the personal side, MemberDeals provides AFCPE Members with access to exclusive savings on movie tickets, theme parks, tours, Broadway shows, and more.
Don’t forget, all AFCPE-sponsored webinars are FREE to AFCPE Members!
Help spread the value of AFCPE Membership to your colleagues. More information can be found in this Membership Packet.
This year, we have made changes to the reporting period. Annual certification fees (separate from Membership dues) are now due by June 30th. Visit the Guide to CEUs to learn more.
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, AFCPE® certified professionals are offering free, unbiased, virtual financial counseling and financial coaching sessions to people who are struggling with financial uncertainty. Thanks to the generosity of the Wells Fargo Foundation, the partnership of Yellow Ribbon Network, and AFCPE certified professionals for supporting this important effort. Use these resources to spread the word or go here to sign up to receive virtual counseling.
- Call for Presenters: Mark your calendars for November 18-20 in New Orleans! We are currently accepting submission for breakout and poster sessions through the Invitation to Present portal: https://www.afcpe.org/symposium/invitation-to-present/. If you are interested in presenting a practitioners’ forum, poster, research paper, research to practice forum, student research paper, or student project don’t miss the deadline to submit a proposal by June 1, 2020!
- COVID-19 Update: The AFCPE Symposium is still planned for Nov 18-20, in New Orleans. However, we continue to monitor the situation, as the safety of our members is of the utmost importance. In the event of a cancellation, we are exploring virtual options, thus we strongly encourage you to submit a proposal to present. Note: When you submit a proposal, you will have the ability to indicate if you want to present virtually or in person. This will help us decide how to build out our program once a decision is made. We look forward to delivering a high quality program this November.
- Sponsor or Exhibit: Share your tools and resources with professionals from across financial education, research, and practice. Or, become a sponsor and advance the mission and vision of AFCPE, or provide scholarships for professionals to attend. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Thanks to each of you for your commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and your ongoing support and participation in AFCPE. We hope to see you soon on an AFCPE webinar, a virtual member meet up, and if we’re lucky, in New Orleans this November!