A self-paced, online, professional development course that takes you through the essential steps of money management. Providing a firm financial foundation – for you and those you serve.
Course participants have access to Essentials courses for 12 months from their date of registration.
Rooted in the core competencies of the AFC®, Money Management Essentials covers:
- Student Loans
- Debt Reduction
- Credit Cards and Loans
- Major Purchases
- Risk Management
- Health Care and Life Insurance
- Financial Counseling
- Money Management
- Investment Basics
Who Should Take This Course?
Passionate individuals who want to enhance their personal finance knowledge.
This may include, but is not exclusive to:
- Volunteers at community-based or nonprofit organizations
- K-12 Personal Finance Educators
- University Student Money Management Center peer mentors
- Credit Counselors
- Bank/Credit Union Personnel
- Service professionals who are looking to expand their financial knowledge
- Professionals interested in going on to achieve the AFC®
Within the first year of your Money Management Essentials completion date, you are eligible to receive a discount on your AFC® (Accredited Financial Counselor®) exam.
Here are the details:
- Simply upload your Money Management Essential badge of completion when you register for the AFC certification program.
- You will be credited for the Money Management Essentials course when you are approved for the AFC® exam.
- This will reduce your AFC® exam fee by the amount that you paid for Money Management Essentials!
Money Management Essentials Participant
"I felt the course was well thought out and perfectly executed. I hate taking tests/quizzes but I felt comfortable taking the Money Management Essentials' quizzes. I liked that the quiz gave you an opportunity to learn more about why I answered the question wrong."
New! Same Great Content. Brand New Format.
Money Management Essentials has been redesigned with you in mind.
Ready to take your learning to the next level? Money Management Essentials has been redesigned with your success in mind. Through new course updates, you can:
- Practice your financial counseling skills on a virtual client.
- Gain a deeper understanding of financial concepts through reinforced learning.
- Test your knowledge through quizzes and discussion questions.
- And more!
It’s never been easier to understand money management and financial counseling. See what’s new below!
- Complete redesign of the course, including a full review of content by subject matter experts.
- Over 100 activities, knowledge checks, and case studies.
- Dozens of practical, real-world examples.
- Two virtual clients to provide the experience of counseling in a safe space.
- Discussion question(s) for each module.
- Templates for commonly used counseling and personal finance forms.
- Videos and other resources for additional learning.
- Searchable glossary.
- 100% accessible.
- Visually appealing.
- Interactive and engaging.
- Pre- and post-assessment for the course, as well as quizzes on each module.
- Verifiable virtual badge on successful completion of the course.
- Progress tracking for groups.
Screenshot Gallery - Click to Enlarge
Money Management Essentials
Program Cost: $359*
*Special pricing available for groups of 10 or more.
*This course is not eligible for AFC experience hours or CEUs.