Job Category: Internship
Job Location: Central Ohio
Experience Hour Opportunity: Pre-Approved Experience Hour Opportunity
How to apply?
The Financial Education Intern will support the Financial Education Program at BMI Federal Credit Union. This will include supporting community financial education efforts and employee financial wellness initiatives.
- Assist with the implementation and presentation of community financial education efforts by the Credit Union
- Assist with research, development, and implementation of financial education initiatives for youth
- Assist with designing and implementing employee financial education on personal finance topics
- Recommend and support implementation of evaluation methods for financial education efforts and programs
- Assist with content and production of the monthly Financial Education Spotlight Newsletter research
- Research, recommend, and update personal finance topic resource materials for credit union employees and members
- Assist with social media efforts of the Financial Education Program
- 4 to 20 hours a week (will vary as event schedule requires and as needed for projects). Total hours not to exceed 200. Also, 200 hours is not guaranteed.
- All work is done on-site at Credit Union facilities and/or at various community event locations.
- Approximate internship duration: July 1 – Dec 31, 2022
- AFC® (Accredited Financial Counselor) or AFC® Candidate
- Knowledge of financial literacy topics including credit, debt management, student loan repayment, saving, budgeting and home buying
- Comfortable working with and presenting to diverse audiences and age groups
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to research and evaluate personal finance content
- Familiar with Microsoft programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams
- Ability to travel to Credit Union Branches and community event locations in Central Ohio
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Familiarity with program evaluation methods
- Knowledge of financial products and services
- AFC® test passed
Sorry! This opportunity has expired.