Become an Accredited Financial Counselor® (AFC®)
AFC® certification helps you better understand how diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences impact your clients’ money behaviors. The AFC also raises your confidence and credibility with your clients, and is accredited through The National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
Prosperity Now attendees can save $50 off an AFC registration using the code:
Capacity Building Scholarships
Is your organization passionate about helping people with their money so they can improve their lives? Apply for a scholarship!
The AFCPE Strategic Impact Fund has allocated up to $100,000 in 2022 to provide capacity building scholarships to community-based organizations focused on bridging gaps of inequality with the highest standards of financial counseling and education.
AFCPE certification and training programs will equip your employees with the knowledge and skills to build confidence, increase organizational capacity, and create lasting impact in the lives of those you serve.
Some ways AFCPE’s certification and training programs can support your work:
- Develop or advance financial counseling expertise within your workforce development programming.
- Offer financial counseling or education services within a domestic violence shelter.
- Add financial education to services provided for people who are incarcerated or transitioning from the prison system.
- Start a financial wellness department within your nonprofit.
- Elevate the level of knowledge, skill, professionalism for current financial counseling/education services.
At AFCPE we recognize that budgets and resources might be limited, but your commitment to helping people achieve lasting financial well-being is not.
Which is why we offer Essentials Courses! Essentials Courses are online and self-paced to meet you where you are – giving you the tools and resources to make a lasting impact in the lives of those you serve.
- Take advantage of free professional development
- Network and share resources with a strong, professional community
- Access research that informs practice
- Find career development and growth opportunities
- Take advantage of award recognition and grant funding
- And discounts and certification, education, symposium, and partner resources
The 2022 AFCPE Symposium will be hybrid!
All onsite sessions will be recorded for our attendees joining us from home. And for attendees making the trip to Orlando, you will be able to network in person and through the app. Plus, any online sessions will be available to you.
No matter how you choose to engage, it will be an experience you don’t want to miss!