AFC® Exam Scholarship for Nonprofit Professionals
If you are providing financial counseling as an employee of a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, you are now eligible to receive 50% off the AFC® exam.
The nonprofit scholarship is intended for professionals working for a non profit organization that provides financial and/or social services to low to moderate income populations. To determine if your organization qualifies:
- Visit the IRS website here.
- Please upload a copy of your organization’s IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter when you register through any AFC® educational pathway.
- PLEASE NOTE: this is the only acceptable documentation. Discount will be applied by AFCPE® staff to your exam fee, which is submitted when you are ready to take the AFC® exam.*
The AFC® exam scholarship for nonprofit professionals is provided to all individuals who meet the qualifications listed here. Our only request is that you help us share the #ValueofanAFC. You can do this by:
- Writing an article for your organization’s blog, or issuing a press release, sharing your commitment to investing in the AFC® certification.
- Submitting a story for our blog to show the impact you have made in a client’s life by applying your knowledge as an AFC®.
- Uploading an image and testimonial to Instagram with the hashtag #IamAFCPE and re-sharing on your social media accounts
Please keep us informed of these efforts by sharing with our Communications Director, Rachael DeLeon.
*Nonprofit exam scholarship established September 8, 2017. Discount is not retroactive for exam fees paid prior to this date and does not apply to any AFCPE onsite review or exam event. If you are eligible for the nonprofit exam discount but are past the program registration phase, please contact the Certification Department.
Certification Group Pricing
By ensuring that your financial counselors, educators, and coaches are AFC® certified, you demonstrate your organization’s commitment to helping clients achieve lasting financial well-being. Groups like North Carolina State Employees Credit Union have pledged to certify more than 1,000 employees, but even a small group can make a large impact.
Interested in getting your team certified?
AFCPE® offers group pricing starting with groups of 10 or more. Contact Michelle Starkey for more details.
Military Educational Benefits
The AFC® exam and retakes are approved for Military Education Benefits. The AFC® exam is in the WEAMS system as ACCREDITED FINANCIAL COUNSELOR® (AFC®): $700. Learn More.