Job Category: Experienceship
Job Location: Remote
Experience Hour Opportunity: Pre-Approved Experience Hour Opportunity
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Bolder Money
- Bolder is a financial coaching platform that provides practical personalized coaching and guidance around money to those who have historically been left out of standard financial help.
- We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to improve their financial situation, and participate in building wealth regardless of their background, their gender, race, or how much they currently make or have in savings.
- While there are significant gaps in income, the wealth gap is significantly worse:
- The top 10% of families own 76% of the wealth in America.
- The median Black and Latinx households own about 10% of the wealth of White households.
- Women own 32 cents to every dollar of wealth owned by men.
- LGBTQIA+ households are twice as likely to live in poverty as cisgender heterosexual households.
- Bolder Money is a diverse and inclusive team determined to reduce economic inequality with accessible and compassionate money coaching. We welcomed our first founding members in summer of 2021, and have helped them not only grow their net worth, but also their financial confidence to lead the lives they want. Our clients describe their experience with Bolder as the first time they realized money didn’t have to feel intimidating, or that getting affordable, effective financial help was possible for them.
About The Opportunity
- We’re looking to add a Money Coach to our current coaching team who is eager to contribute to the growth of our mission. You will be responsible for helping our clients build wealth and develop a healthy relationship with money by providing behavioral and practical guidance through virtual coaching sessions, our online dashboard, and primarily text- or chat-based communication.
- As an early stage company, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our business, and what we believe is the future of money coaching. If you love being part of teams and understand the power of transforming lives through the power of coaching, we’d love to hear from you.
Why you should join us
- We believe in putting humans first. The way we work as a team reflects that: we have daily discussions about how to make the most impact on our clients, and how to solve big problems in our world with financial inclusion. We also recognize that mission-centered work takes emotional energy, so we check in on each other and encourage self-care. If you are motivated by working with a passionate group towards a bigger mission, you will love it here.
- We need you to build with us. Our clients describe their experience with Bolder as the first time they realized money didn’t have to feel intimidating, or that getting affordable, effective financial help was possible for them. Seeing compassionate, non-judgmental coaches who understand their experiences is what sets us apart from other financial services.
- We love opportunities for growth. As our coaching team grows, we will need team members to learn and grow into leadership roles, and become experts in specific areas of personal finance.
- You’ll make a real impact. As Bolder Money evolves, you’ll directly impact the way our company is built, from the process we use to coach to the team members we bring on board. Your work will directly impact the millions of women and non-binary individuals we plan to help build wealth over the next decade.
As a Bolder Money Coach, you will:
- Own and manage the entire client relationship from start to finish, including the onboarding process
- Help your clients set practical and behavioral financial goals in a one-on-one video onboarding call
- Create a 30-, 60-, and 90-day plan with discrete steps for your client to take to achieve their goals, then guide and coach them to progress towards their goals with weekly tasks delivered via chat, voice, and video messages
- Meet key metrics and targets defined for Bolder Money Coaches, including weekly, and monthly reviews with the team
- Pilot experimental coaching protocols and techniques as a part of a test-driven environment
- Collaborate with the broader coaching team to help solve client and coaching challenges
- Be independent and able to work effectively while connecting with remote team members in a productive way
- This is a remote part-time job (12-15 hrs/week) that offers both stability and flexibility (once trained, your schedule is up to you!)
- Coaching Skills & Experience
- Completed or working on the Accredited Financial Counselor (AFC) designation through the AFCPE.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: you know how to thoughtfully communicate internally and externally across different mediums (email, Zoom, Slack, text, etc.). You can effectively communicate complex financial topics.
- Flexibility/adaptability: you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Provide actionable advice: You’re able to provide advice on what clients can do to help them achieve their goal. You can break down suggestions into step-by-step plans that clients can understand and do.
- Compassion: Coaching with compassion means you're not only empathizing with clients, but also understanding why they feel the way they do on an intellectual level and it influences your approach to coaching in a positive direction.
- Clarity: Your thinking isn't clouded by personal opinion or ulterior motives. You’re able to draw conclusions from an objective, non-judgemental standpoint and articulate them concisely.
- Excellent follow-up skills and high level of ownership: you pride yourself on closing the loop and holding yourself and others accountable. You always think “what’s next” for your clients and are committed to thinking creatively to help them meet their goals.
- Passed AFC Exam and working on experience hours.
Sorry! This opportunity has expired.