AFCPE is a professional organization focused on supporting, promoting and advancing the field of financial counseling and planning education. Our membership consists of university and Cooperative Extension educators, military financial counselors, private practitioners, interest organizations and government officials.
2015 Membership registration closes on Oct 1, 2015.
Membership Benefits include:
- Strong network of colleagues
- Member pricing for various continuing education opportunities
(Check out upcoming opportunities in the AFCPE CEU Library)
- Significant discount on job board postings
- MentorConnect Program
- All publications: journal and newsletter
- Access to members-only area resources
- Access to Member Monthly Minute e-news blast
- Access to FPA Connect community
- Discount to the AFCPE® Annual Training Symposium
- Use of AFCPE® Member Logo
*AFCPE Membership and Certification are completely separate divisions of the organization. While membership offers additional benefits and provides a professional community for our certified professionals to network and share best practices, certification is not required. However, if you are interested in also becoming certified, please go to the Certification section of the website.
New for 2015- Four types of Membership!
1) Professional Membership- $125/annually
AFCPE Membership is associated with each individual professional. A University affiliated library may join membership to access the Journal for Financial Counseling and Planning.
2) Certification Candidate Membership-$75/annually
Certification candidates are individuals currently enrolled in the AFC®, CHC® ACC or an AFCPE Financial Coaching program.
3) University Student Membership-$35/annually
The AFCPE Bylaws defines student membership as individuals studying in the field of personal financial counseling, planning or education. Students studying in related fields may also qualify if they have a specific interest in the field of personal financial counseling, planning or education. Such individuals must be studying full-time (9 credit hours) at the college or university undergraduate or graduate level. Unofficial transcripts will be required.
4) Emeritus Membership – Contact Katie Tornow for more information.
Available for members who have reached full retirement age (as defined by SSA) and, have been an AFCPE Member in good standing for ten (10) consecutive years.
Membership allows me to access a network of financial professionals to guide and direct me in my career. Each interaction helps me grow both personally and professionally!