AFCPE is a professional organization focused on supporting, promoting and advancing the field of financial counseling and planning education. Our membership consists of university and Cooperative Extension educators, military financial counselors, private practitioners, interest organizations and government officials.
Membership in AFCPE hosts a variety of benefits to its members including:
- Strong network of colleagues in research, education, and practice
- Quarterly newsletter: The Standard
- Semi-annual research journal: Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning
- Discounted price to the Annual Research and Training Symposium
- Discounts for various continuing education trainings
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) Online Financial Counseling Community access
- Member-only monthly e-announcements
*AFCPE Membership and Certification are completely separate divisions of the organization. While membership offers additional benefits and provides a professional community for our certified professionals to network and share best practices, certification is not required. However, if you are interested in also becoming certified, please go to the Certification section of the website.
If you are enrolled as a full-time student, you can download a printable 2014 student member application. Student members must be studying full time at the graduate or undergraduate level in a course of study related to personal finance (e.g.; personal finance, consumer economics, family economics).
Enrollment for 2015 Membership will open in December of 2014. New membership categories will be available! Details coming soon!
Membership allows me to access a network of financial professionals to guide and direct me in my career. Each interaction helps me grow both personally and professionally!