May 19, 2016
Monday, May 9, 2016: The Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education® (AFCPE®) is partnering with The Counselor’s Corner, Inc. (TCC), a leading provider of online education and resources for housing professionals, to expand professional development. This collaboration will enhance certification opportunities for nonprofit housing counseling providers as well as expand professional development programming for financial counselors & educators. It is expected that this partnership will have a far reaching impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of families nationwide.
This alliance will connect financial counselors, housing counselors and other industry related professionals to easily accessible online training and resources, as well as to each other. With access to expanded education and training options, practitioners will be able to quickly respond to the continuing changes in the mortgage, credit, housing and financial industries.
Through the partnership, AFCPE professionals will gain access to:
- Instructor lead webinars, ranging from 90 minutes – 2 hours, keeping professionals updated and informed on changes that impact the day-to-day counseling services, specifically around the housing industry.
- AFCPE Continuing Education hours also accepted by HUD, and other national intermediaries, state and national certifying bodies.
- Additional training opportunities: Through online tutorials, toolkits, guides, helpful links, and other professional material. TCC offers 25 online tutorials cover topics related to credit, homeownership and foreclosure avoidance.
- Housing Counselor support line: Get a response to your housing counseling question, speak to a TCC expert via the contact us tab or call directly.
- An extended network. TCC connects housing professionals to timely information and resources: This is achieved through monthly news alerts, funding notices and “Member of the Month” recognition.
This partnership brings two online resource centers together to further address the educational needs of the more than 20,000 HUD housing counseling professionals, AFCPE financial counseling professionals and other related professionals nationwide.
The Counselor’s Corner, Inc. is an easy-to-use platform that provides online tools and support to housing practitioners. It was designed to expand the educational needs of the housing professional.
TCC launched its online training resource center in August 2012 to address the continued education requirement of nonprofit housing counseling providers. TCC offers free and low cost training to its members and resources and helpful links all in a single location. Since its inception, TCC has issued more than 30,000 continued education certificates. TCC supports its membership base of over 4,000 housing related professionals – comprised of HUD housings counselors, realtors, lending and servicing individuals and state and local government staff – with training opportunities and resources. Its online classes, tutorials and monthly news alerts provides a central location for resources, news and information.
TCC brings value to the industry by:
- Conducting webinars on regulations, industry requirements, and hot topics;
- Providing continued education hours accepted by HUD, NeighborWorks America, Housing Finance Agencies, national intermediaries and other state and national certifying bodies; and;
- Keeping the industry up to date with “as it happens” breaking news alerts, quarterly funding alerts, monthly news alerts and bi-monthly featured member articles for networking.
Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education® (AFCPE®) is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating, training and certifying financial counselors and educators. AFCPE offers rigorous certification programs in financial counseling and coaching including the AFC® (Accredited Financial Counselor) certification which is nationally recognized by the CFPB and Department of Defense.
AFCPE supports the profession of personal finance by:
- Building a community of financial educators, practitioners, researchers, and other relevant groups to promote best practices, innovative approaches, and effective delivery of financial counseling and education to individuals and families worldwide;
- Enhancing the profession through career advancement and professional development opportunities, including exceptional financial education trainings, the Journal for Financial Counseling & Planning and our Annual Research & Training Symposium;
- Upholding the professionalism of the field with certification programs that set the standard. Our programs were built on a strong foundation of research and require education, experience, ethics and continuing education.
- Promoting effective intervention and prevention for individuals seeking assistance or advice through the creation of meaningful partnerships and initiatives.
#Rachael DeLeon, Communications Director
Phone: 703.570.6663 | firstname.lastname@example.org