How to Apply?
Email Nathan Astle
Type of Opportunity
We are excited to announce a new opportunity for AFC candidates to make a real difference in the financial lives of our clients. Our program allows those who have been caught in the hamster wheel of unsecured debt a way out towards financial and personal independence.
Our clients have unsustainable debt levels and Beyond Finance negotiates with their creditors to reduce their balances to reasonable amounts so that our clients can reset their relationship with the financial system.
In addition to that service, we hope to provide the personal financial planning skills necessary to thrive during and after they graduate from our program. Come join a passionate team dedicated to the holistic treatment of people who deserve another chance in the financial system. If you are ready to use your AFC skills, we encourage you to apply!
Why YOU should apply
- We offer flexible schedules (including evening and part-time) to earn your experience hours
- We will train you in areas unique to debt resolution and basics of financial therapy. Future trainings in opening your own private business in financial counseling may be available.
- You can be a part of a revolutionary approach to financial counseling and financial well-being
- Future employment, training, and expenditures may be available at end of volunteer experience
- You’ll make a difference for clients who truly need your help
Thank you for your consideration and look forward to your application!
- Providing financial counseling services in one-on-one sessions in areas of budgeting (spending plans), credit building, and creating a value-driven action plan
- Working with a variety of client systems across the socioeconomic spectrum, including couples and families
- Provide education on relevant financial planning areas including couples’ best financial practices, behavioral finance, and financial therapy topics (training included!)
Flexible arrangements can be made after position acceptance. 10 hours per week will be the initial goal.
We are looking for someone who has completed the education requirement of the AFC (passing test required)
- Is willing to examine their own money story, privileged identities, and beliefs as part of their work with our clients
- Is passionate about advocating for and working with underrepresented groups in the financial system