A self-paced, online professional development course that covers all aspects of college finance, including choosing the right school, the tax benefits of higher education, applying for and paying back student loans, and preparing for a career.
Course participants have access to Essentials courses for 12 months from their date of registration.
The approximately 10-hour online course covers:
- Benefits and cost of college attendance
- Financial aid
- Personal finance topics students need to understand
- Additional college considerations and keeping the cost of college low
- Student loan repayment
- Student loan cancellation, discharge and forgiveness
- Tax benefits for education
Who should take College Finance Essentials?
- Finance professionals
- Guidance counselors
- Anyone working with college-bound individuals
You get 1 month free access to College Aid Pro with your College Finance Essentials registration!
- College Aid Pro (CAP) is the leading college-planning software, resource center, and education hub designed to provide a clear path to an affordable education for every family. Through our award-winning technology and expert planning team, we position financial professionals to help their clients and members achieve great financial outcomes with college. Provide a white-labelled experience or partner with our CAP experts so the families you serve have answers for their number-one financial concern – how to pay for college.
College Finance Essentials
Program Cost: $359*
*Special pricing available for groups of 10 or more.
** AFCPE Members save 10%. Become an AFCPE Member. Learn More.
Course is pre-approved for 8 CEUs for AFCPE® Certified Professionals. Course is also pre-approved for 2 CEUs for CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (CFP®) Certified Professionals.