Written By: Rebecca Wiggins
As I write to you, the birds are chirping and flowers are blooming. It is a time of hope across our country as we transition out of the pandemic. As I reflect on the past year and a half, I am grateful for your AFCPE Staff Team. Although we are small in number, this group is incredibly dedicated. We navigated the challenges of this time with grace and grit, never wavering in their commitment to serving you, our professionals.
Here are some of the things we’ve been working on:
- Career Week and Job Fair – This year we held our first career development week and job fair! The fair was a tremendous success and we appreciate everyone who attended.
- Strategic Planning Retreat – AFCPE Board and Staff convened in June to discuss the strategic direction of the organization. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback and ideas in the Membership Survey and Inclusion Survey. Your input is extremely valuable as we continually strive to listen and improve.
- Real Money Real Experts – Our podcast hit a milestone of 10,000 downloads! Thank you to our listeners. We welcome your feedback and ideas for future episodes. Also, if you are interested in becoming a guest on the show, please submit this form.
- Mary O’Neill Mini Grant applications are open! This grant has generously been raised to $3,500 for the development and implementation of an innovative, high-impact financial education project. For more information and to apply, please go to: https://www.afcpe.org/career-and-resource-center/grants/.
- #Experience AFCPE The 2021 AFCPE Virtual Symposium is November 15-19, 2021, and registration is now open!
- Early Bird Registration: Register by October 15, 2021 to lock in the early bird price. Don’t forget, your 2021 AFCPE Symposium registration also includes AFCPE Membership for 2022!
- Sponsor or Exhibit: Share your tools and resources with professionals from across financial education, research, and practice. Or, become a sponsor and advance the mission and vision of AFCPE, or provide scholarships for professionals to attend. If you’re interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- Scholarships: Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, we have both need-based and demographic specific scholarships available. Act quickly, because the deadline to apply is July 31, 2021.
- New Essentials Course! We are currently working with subject matter experts on a DEI Essentials course. The course will cover topics such as race/ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, and sexual orientation. Our goal is to understand how different aspects of our identities and experience inform and impact our relationship with money.
- Certification & Training Scholarships – Hundreds of certification and training scholarship opportunities are coming. Learn more and apply.
We want to hear from you!
- Engage with the AFCPE Membership community.
- Get AFC certified.
- Take an Essentials Training Course.
- No matter where you start, AFCPE is the place to find your people. Help us spread the value of AFCPE Membership, Certification, and Training to your colleagues.