Interested in applying for a 2020 Strategic Impact Fund Certification or Capacity Building Scholarship?
Individual AFC® Scholarships
The National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE) is fully sponsoring the training and credentialing of 100 new Accredited Financial Counselors® (AFC®) all of which will be people of color. Learn more about NEFE’s commitment.
Additionally, this year, the AFCPE Strategic Impact Fund will sponsor AFC scholarships for personal finance influencers. If you are a writer, blogger, or podcaster who is raising awareness for personal finance and ready to expand your credibility and confidence when working with clients, this opportunity is for you!
New! Capacity Building Group Scholarships
The AFCPE Strategic Impact Fund has allocated up to $100,000 in 2020 to provide capacity building scholarships to nonprofit organizations that provide financial and/or social services to low to moderate income populations.
All Certification Scholarship Applications open Sept 1, 2020.
Deadline to apply: October 15, 2020
Want to be notified when certification scholarships are available?
About AFC® Scholarships | Strategic Impact Fund
About the AFC® Scholarship
This award provides individuals with the opportunity to earn the highest standard of excellence for financial counseling professionals.
Scholarships are valued at $1,400 and include:
- Registration fee
- AFC® online course
- AFC® course books/materials
- AFC® exam (one attempt)
- Individuals who have previously enrolled, or held the designation and lapsed, are not eligible to apply.
- Scholarships open to:
People of color, and/or
Personal finance influencers (i.e. writer, blogger, podcaster, etc.)
* Current AFCPE Membership encouraged, but not required.
- Plan to sit for AFC® exam within 12 months after the scholarship notification date
- Agreement to share the #ValueofanAFC once certified. We want to know how the AFC® is positively affecting the work that you do – for your clients and your communities. This can be done through your organization’s newsletter, an AFCPE blog post, or through a social media picture and testimonial.
A review committee will select 7 individuals whom they believe are most likely to leverage the opportunity. The committee seeks individuals who are passionate about helping people improve financial security and who believe in setting the highest standards of professionalism for the field.
About Capacity Building Group Scholarships | Strategic Impact Fund
About the AFC® Scholarship
The Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education® (AFCPE®) Strategic Impact Fund has allocated up to $100,000 in 2020 to provide capacity building scholarships to nonprofit community-based organizations focused on building a thriving community and bridging gaps of inequality with the highest standards of professionalism.
Who Should Apply:
We are seeking to fund organizations that provide community-based financial and/or social service for low to moderate income populations. Here are a few examples to help you imagine your impact:
- Developing or advancing financial counseling expertise within your workforce development programming.
- Offering financial counseling or education services within a domestic violence shelter.
- Adding financial education to services provided for people who are incarcerated or transitioning from the
- Starting a financial wellness department within your nonprofit.
- Elevating the level of knowledge, skill, professionalism for current financial counseling/education services.