Strategic Impact Fund Certification and Group Capacity Building Scholarships are Back for 2021!
Individual AFC® Certification and Training Scholarships
Thanks to generous funding from the AFCPE Strategic Impact Fund, National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE), and JPMorgan Chase, AFCPE is offering certification scholarships to cover the cost of training and credentialing for Accredited Financial Counselors® (AFC®).
AFC scholarships are available for the following groups:
- Need based
- People of color
- Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing*
- Persons with a disability
- Individuals who are fluent in more than one language
If you have a passion for helping people with their money to improve their lives, and meet at least one of the criteria above, you are encouraged to apply!
* Money Management Essentials scholarships are also available for this group.
**Current AFCPE Membership encouraged, but not required.
About the AFC® Scholarship
This award provides individuals with the opportunity to earn the highest standard of excellence for financial counseling professionals.
Scholarships are valued at $1,455 and include:
- Registration fee
- AFC® online course
- AFC® course books/materials
- AFC® exam (one attempt)
- Individuals who have previously enrolled, or held the designation and lapsed, are not eligible to apply.
- Plan to sit for AFC® exam within 12 months after the scholarship notification date
- Agreement to share the #ValueofanAFC once certified. We want to know how the AFC® is positively affecting the work that you do – for your clients and your communities. This can be done through your organization’s newsletter, an AFCPE blog post, or through a social media picture and testimonial.
A review committee will select individuals whom they believe are most likely to leverage the opportunity. The committee seeks individuals who are passionate about helping people improve financial security and who believe in setting the highest standards of professionalism for the field.
The The AFCPE Strategic Impact Fund has allocated up to $125,000 to provide capacity building scholarships to community-based organizations focused on bridging gaps of inequality with the highest standards of financial counseling and education.
Who Should Apply:
If you are passionate about helping people with their money, to improve their lives, we encourage your organization to apply!
AFCPE certification and training programs will equip your employees with the knowledge and skills to build confidence, increase organizational capacity, and create lasting impact in the lives of those you serve.
We are seeking to fund organizations that provide community-based financial and/or social service for low to moderate income populations. Here are a few examples to help you imagine your impact:
- Developing or advancing financial counseling expertise within your workforce development programming.
- Offering financial counseling or education services within a domestic violence shelter.
- Adding financial education to services provided for people who are incarcerated or transitioning from the
- Starting a financial wellness department within your nonprofit.
- Elevating the level of knowledge, skill, professionalism for current financial counseling/education services.
What Programs can be Included in Your Funding Proposal:
- AFC® certification
- Money Management Essentials
- Coaching Essentials
- Financial Inclusion Essentials
- College Finance Essentials
- Military Essentials