- This event has passed.
January 31 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm EST
Retirement Benefit Basics: The DoD Survivor Benefit Plan
Planning ahead for the care of loved ones in the event of death can be a daunting task for retiring service members and their families, but it is important to understand available benefits in order to make informed decisions. Be prepared to educate your clients by furthering your understanding of the DoD Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) and the Reserve Component SBP (RCSPB).
Join this webinar to:
- Understand the SBP and the RCSBP and how they are calculated.
- Understand the basic differences between SBP and term life insurance.
- Determine the effects on SBP when someone selects the Lump Sum option in the Blended Retirement System (BRS).
- Determine the impact of the Uniformed Services Former Spouse
- Protection Act on SBP/RCSBP and the division of retired pay
Patricia (Patty) Cruz
Army Survivor Benefit Plan Program Manager, Army Retirement Services
Director, Army Retirement Services