- This event has passed.
November 16, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST
This virtual event will cover:
- An examination of the barriers to safe, affordable, and accessible housing for older Americans, disabled consumers, and renters
- A look at the structural barriers and biases that impede access to affordable credit and financial services
- A discussion on how persistent barriers to housing and access to essential financial services are impacting certain communities
- Solutions, such as special purpose credit programs (SPCPs), and common-sense policy reform, such as eviction record expungement, that can increase access to housing.
- Ways lawmakers and public, private, and community-based organizations can work together to restore trust by ensuring equal access to credit and housing for all consumers.