- This event has passed.
November 13, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm EST
Out-of-the-box Financial Planning for Transitioning Military & Financial Professionals
Based on lessons learned from the Military Transition Financial Wellness Program (MTFWP), this session goes beyond textbook programs.
Professional development training:
1) Financial aspects of Servicemembers’ transition to the civilian workforce or into higher education
– Challenges faced by financial counselors working w/active duty & veterans
– Steps for military transition success
– TOTAL compensation needed to be replaced when transitioning
2) Financial short-term & life-long outcomes & ROI based on a Service member’s selection of college, certificate, or degree.
– Career interest & aptitude
– Military funding transition & retirement: insurance needs & Survivors Benefit Plan (SBP)
– Resume & interview: hints for success
– GI Bill: Military & student loans
Coffee will be served.
*The option to register for both, morning and afternoon sessions, are included in each Symposium registration form.