- This event has passed.
April 20 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EDT
FPA Connect: Social Security: Surprising Claiming Rules and Unique Circumstances with Real Case Studies
Join us for an interactive presentation covering some of the least understood Social Security claiming considerations.
After a brief overview of the basics, we will cover rules related to
· How non-covered pensions affect Social Security benefits,
· Dependent benefits for minor and adult disabled children,
· The unique claiming strategies available for Survivor benefits,
· Pitfalls of the earnings test, and
· How Social Security disability benefits transition into retirement benefits.
Analyses of real client case studies will be shown to provide insight into the claiming complexities and amount of money involved with these examples.
Presenter: Martha Shedden