Consumer Debt Collection Compliance Specialist
10 CEUs for AFCPE® Certified Professionals
1. Identify key components of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act - FDCP.
2. List common collection terms and define key differences.
3. Identify collection information in credit reports.
4. Locate and verify collection information in credit reports. and identify methods for credit file correction of mistakes.
5. Identify methods of access to credit reports, free and otherwise.
6. Review a credit report for mistakes and missing information.
7. How to report inaccurate information on a report to CRAs.
8. List the CFPB rules for debt collection Practices.
9. Recognize the impact of consumer behavior on collections.
10. Identify methods consumers can use to combat abusive collection agents and firms.
11. Recognize privacy laws and their impact on credit lenders and borrowers.
12. Identify potential identity theft using a credit report and information provided in a credit application.
13. Review the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission Resources for consumers.
14. Communicate key components of credit reports to consumers.
15. How to use the legal system to effect changes on a debt collection firm.