- How do I become a Member of AFCPE?
Membership is open to all professionals in the fields of Financial Counseling, Financial Planning, and Financial Education. We also accept members from related organizations. You may enroll and pay dues online. Or, you may download the enrollment form and submit with payment by fax or mail. The cost of membership is currently $125.
- What is the benefit to becoming an AFCPE Member?
The AFCPE Membership offers a number of benefits to you as a financial professional, including:
- Strong network of colleagues in research, education, and practice
- Quarterly newsletter: The Standard
- Semi-annual research journal: Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning
- Discounted price to the Annual Research and Training Symposium
- Discounts for various Continuing Education trainings
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) Online Financial Counseling Community access
- Member-only monthly e-announcements
- Am I a Member of AFCPE if I am Certified through AFCPE?
AFCPE Membership and the Certification programs are entirely separate. If you would like to be Certified and become a Member of AFCPE, you would need to pay the annual Membership dues (currently $125), in addition to your certification fee to maintain your designation. AFCPE Certificants who are also Members do benefit from the member rates that are offered on various Continuing Education trainings.