- This event has passed.
May 1, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT$39.95 – $49.95
Join Donielle Prince as she shares an introduction to the concepts of trauma and toxic stress, and how each impacts potential financial coaching clients. This webinar will also share how to help build resilience in your clients, so that they are better able to absorb, implement, and succeed with the financial plan put in place by you the financial professional.
The webinar will cover:
- How unhealed and ongoing trauma, also known as ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences), impacts brain development.
- The original ACEs study and research on how trauma impacts adults’ physiological health and resilience.
- How ACEs impact generations, including historical trauma.
- How trauma informed & resilience building practices help heal ACEs.
- How to manage “secondary stress” that many providers serving experience when serving people with trauma histories.
1 CEUs for AFCPE® certified professionals. 1 CEUs for CFP® professionals. Approved for Coaching CEUs
Speaker: Donielle Prince, MS.Ed, PhD
Is currently the San Francisco Bay Area Regional Community Facilitator for ACEs Connection Network, a community of practice with online and offline learning community collaborative, each convened with the goal of creating cross-sector engaged, trauma-informed, resilient communities that understand the impact of adverse childhood experiences (trauma) on long term health outcomes.
Donielle is a Bay Area native, from East Palo Alto California, where she attended an all-girls school followed by Wellesley College; studied and earned an M.S.Ed in Counseling at the University of Pennsylvania, (briefly serving for 2 years as a children’s therapist in the Philadelphia area); and earned her Ph.D. in Educational Policy at Stanford University School of Education. Following Stanford, Donielle worked for the Chancellor’s Office of the California State University, researching teacher education at the 23 CSU credential programs and at several private universities.