Credit Scoring Specialist
10 CEUs for AFCPE® Certified Professionals
What are the CCSS's course learning goals and objectives?
1. Identify methods of access to credit reports, free and otherwise.
2. List common credit terms and define key credit differences.
3. Identify information used in calculating credit scores.
4. Recognize how consumer behaviors affect credit scores.
5. Review a credit report for mistakes and missing information.
6. Identify methods for credit file correction of mistakes and missing information.
7. How to report inaccurate information on a report to CRAs.
8. List the components of a credit score.
9. Recognize the impact of consumer behavior on credit files.
10. Identify methods consumers can use to improve their credit score.
11. Recognize privacy laws and their impact on credit lenders and borrowers.
12. Identify potential identity theft using a credit report and information provided in a credit application.
13. Review the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission Resources for consumers.
14. Communicate key components of credit reports to consumers.
15. How to use the legal system to effect changes on a credit report.