Certified Housing Counselor
The Meaning of the CHC Designation to a Client:
An individual who seeks the services of a Certified Housing Counselor will know that:
- The housing counselor has passed comprehensive examinations on personal finance, financial counseling and housing issues
- The housing counselor has signed a Code of Ethics and agrees to abide by the highest ethical standards
- The housing counselor maintains the most current knowledge in the field of personal finance and housing issues through continuing education.
Program Cost = $1325
- $50 non-refundable enrollment fee
- $425/course (The CHC Program has three courses)
- Proctoring Fees charged by ProctorU, universities/colleges, education centers, etc are not included in course or enrollment fee
Certified Housing Counselors must:
- Earn a passing grade (70%) on each examination.
- Adhere to the CHC Code of Ethics.
- Submit three letters of reference attesting to professional competence.
- Have 1500 hours of admissible housing counseling experience:
Offering one-on-one counseling or advising services for clients.
Developing and conducting education and training for clients.
Developing education and training programs for financial counselors.
Education and training financial counselors.
Serving as an education director for a financial counseling organization.
Supervising financial counselors.
The knowledged gained and utilized through the AFCPE certification program made my personal finances stronger and allowed me to expand my business and increase my income!