AFCPE and Sage Financial Solutions are thrilled to present standardized, comprehensive financial coach training programs. Sage Financial Solutions is a nationally recognized provider of financial capability programming designed to facilitate the financial well-being of underserved communities.
Financial Fitness Coach Program
Next session begins July 9, 2015!
The Financial Fitness Coach Program fully integrates counseling and coaching skills. Upon completion, Financial Fitness Coaches will have the depth of knowledge and skills that allow them to meet clients wherever they are in their financial life, identify their financial goals, and collaborate with them to develop an action plan and appropriate steps to achieve those goals. Our approach presents the continuum of financial coaching and counseling used effectively to address a wide spectrum of financial issues, including but not limited to goal setting, money management, credit, debt and saving.
Financial Fitness Coach Training Details
The FFC training is an introduction to coaching concepts and skills that brings a coaching framework to your existing financial knowledge. This practicum-style course begins with an exploration of existing financial counseling skills and builds upon them to increase your effectiveness with clients. The training is highly interactive and experiential incorporating coaching demonstrations, group discussion and peer coaching practice. By the end of our course, you will be able to:
- Understand how coaching fits into the financial capability continuum (education, counseling, coaching).
- Understand the role of a financial coach in helping clients set goals and develop steps to achieve financial goals.
- Understand coaching philosophy and principles and use coaching skills in client engagements.
- Use the right technique (counseling or coaching), at the right time when working with clients.
FFC Program Cost:
$1,200 (or $699 for ACC or AFC® professionals in good standing)
Program Cost: Program Includes:
- Financial Counseling/Debt Management (FCDM) Books & Study Guides
- One attempt at the FCDM exam
- 10 hours (2×5 hour) web based training sessions w/Saundra Davis
- 20 hours web based Financial Coach Training w/Saundra Davis of Sage Financial Solutions
Additional Graduation Requirements:
- 20 hours of financial coaching practice
- Oral Interview with Saundra Davis
Registration: Click here
Step 1: Financial Education Requirement
Completion of the FFC Program requires successful completion of the AFCPE Financial Counseling/Debt Management (FCDM) competencies and exam. This can be completed at any time during the FFC Certification Process, however, it is recommended that this step is completed first.
Topics include principles of financial counseling, counseling skills, counseling outcomes, budgets and balance sheets, credit legislation, debt reduction methods, collection policies and practices, bankruptcy, mortgages, and other related issues. The course explores the financial counseling process and is designed to assist in developing sensitivity to financial counseling responsibilities by learning how to educate and advise clients effectively.
For FFC candidates who need to take the FCDM exam, when ready to test, click here to submit your exam request. Once your exam request form is submitted, you will be contacted by AMP via email when the examination is available for scheduling. Instructions for scheduling an examination with AMP will be provided at that time.
Step 2: FFC Program Completion
To complete the FFC Program, candidates are required to complete the following components:
* 30 hours of Financial Coach Training (Module 1) as follows:
- 10 hours, web-based Financial Coach Training with Saundra Davis/Sage Financial Solutions (2x, 5-hour courses)
Next Session: July 9 & 23 (Thursdays, 12 PM – 5:30 PM ET)
- 20 hours, web-based Learning Labs designed to build on the coaching skills and techniques learned during the training (10x, 2-hour labs)
* Learning Labs are not in a specific order but they are topic specific. All candidates must complete each specific learning lab in order to obtain the designation. Estimate 12 months to complete (from first FFC web training if Learning Labs are done consecutively).
* 20 hours of Coaching Practice
Candidates will engage in coaching sessions with an existing client, a colleague, or with friends and family. The practice time will indicate the type of interaction (phone, in-person), summarize the skills practiced, and self-assess their current coaching skills levels.
Step 3: Oral Interview
Once candidates have completed the educational requirements, all learning labs and practice hours, a final interview is required with Saundra Davis/Sage Financial Solutions. Additionally, the candidate will complete and return the AFCPE Final Certification.
Step 4: Sign and adhere to the AFCPE Code of Ethics
Certificants commit to maintaining the designation through ongoing professional development and annual fees. At this time, Authorization to use the Certification Marks is granted.
Step 5: Certification Renewal
To continue using the certification marks, post-certification requirements must be fulfilled each reporting period. The total CEU requirement of 15/reporting period will not change for ACC Professionals. However, 5 of your CEUs must be focused on financial coach skills and concepts.
Professional Development Credit:
ACC or AFC Professionals are eligible to receive a one-time credit of 5 CEUs upon completion of the program.
*Upon completion, you will be on your way to completing the requirements to earn the AFC and/or CPFC certification.