Financial Fitness Coach FFC™
Is Financial Coach Certification Right for You?
Ask Questions. Learn more.
Next Info Session will be Tuesday, September 13, 2016
1 – 2 PM ET
Registration Password: afcpe913
AFCPE and Sage Financial Solutions are thrilled to present standardized, comprehensive financial coach training programs. Sage Financial Solutions is a nationally recognized provider of financial capability programming designed to facilitate the financial well-being of underserved communities.
The Financial Fitness Coach Program fully integrates counseling and coaching skills. Upon completion, Financial Fitness Coaches will have the depth of knowledge and skills that allow them to meet clients wherever they are in their financial life, identify their financial goals, and collaborate with them to develop an action plan and appropriate steps to achieve those goals. Our approach presents the continuum of financial coaching and counseling used effectively to address a wide spectrum of financial issues, including but not limited to goal setting, money management, credit, debt and saving.
“I highly recommend the FFC Program. Saundra is a great instructor and I have learned so much! She pushes me to be a better counselor and coach.”
~Lisa McLain-Sharp, AFC®, CHC®, FFC Candidate
Financial Fitness Coach Training Details
The FFC training is an introduction to coaching concepts and skills that brings a coaching framework to your existing financial knowledge. This practicum-style course begins with an exploration of existing financial counseling skills and builds upon them to increase your effectiveness with clients. The training is highly interactive and experiential incorporating coaching demonstrations, group discussion and peer coaching practice. By the end of our course, you will be able to:
- Understand how coaching fits into the financial capability continuum (education, counseling, coaching).
- Understand the role of a financial coach in helping clients set goals and develop steps to achieve financial goals.
- Understand coaching philosophy and principles and use coaching skills in client engagements.
- Use the right technique (counseling or coaching), at the right time when working with clients.
“There is nothing like the training you’ll receive from Saundra! It is powerful. It is raw. It is real. There is no way you will walk away without knowledge you didn’t have before.”
~Meghan Northcutt, AFC® Candidate, FINRA Military Spouse Fellow
FFC Program Cost
$1,300 (or $900 for ACC or AFC® professionals in good standing)*
* Pricing will increase in 2017.
* Nonprofit Group Pricing Available.
$50 Registration Fee
$925 Program Fee (includes books & materials) / $850 for ACC or AFC in good standing
$325 Exam Fee (Includes AMP proctor fee) – not applicable for ACC or AFC in good standing
30 hours of Financial Coach Training (Module 1):
- 10 hours (2×5 hour) web-based or onsite training w/Saundra Davis
- 20 hours web based learning labs to build on the coaching skills and techniques
Additional Graduation Requirements:
- 20 hours of financial coaching practice
- Oral Interview with Saundra Davis
Click HERE to register.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Step 1: Financial Counseling Education Requirement
Completion of the FFC Program requires successful completion of the AFCPE Financial Counseling/Debt Management (FCDM) competencies and exam. This can be completed at any time during the FFC Certification Process, however, it is recommended that this step is completed first.
Note: This requirement may be satisfied through successful completion of the AFC certification program.
FCDM Competencies & Exam
Topics include principles of financial counseling, counseling skills, counseling outcomes, budgets and balance sheets, credit legislation, debt reduction methods, collection policies and practices, bankruptcy, mortgages, and other related issues. The course explores the financial counseling process and is designed to assist in developing sensitivity to financial counseling responsibilities by learning how to educate and advise clients effectively.
This curriculum requires 500 hours of financial counseling/coaching experience.
- Offering one-on-one counseling or advising services for clients
- Developing and conducting education and training for clients.
- Developing education and training programs for financial counselors.
- Education and training financial counselors.
Serving as an education director for a financial counseling organization.
- Supervising financial counselors.
The experience requirement can be met before or after the candidate completes the exam requirement. Certification will not be granted until all of the requirements have been completed successfully.
To complete the FFC Program, candidates are required to complete the following components:
30 hours of Financial Coach Training (Module 1):
- 10 hours, live web-based or onsite Financial Coach Training with Saundra Davis of Sage Financial Solutions (2x, 5-hour courses)*
2016 onsite FFC Training Session:
Saturday November 19 & Sunday November 20, 2016
(following AFCPE Symposium in Louisville, KY)
2017 web-based FFC Training Session
Thursday, February 2 & 16, 2017
- 20 hours, live web-based Learning Labs designed to build on the coaching skills and techniques learned during the training
(10x, 2-hour labs)
* Learning Labs are not in a specific order but they are topic specific. All candidates must complete each specific learning lab in order to obtain the designation. Estimate 12 months to complete (from first FFC web training if Learning Labs are done consecutively).
20 hours of Coaching Practice
Candidates will engage in coaching sessions with an existing client, a colleague, or with friends and family. The practice time will indicate the type of interaction (phone, in-person), summarize the skills practiced, and self-assess their current coaching skills levels.
Step 3: Oral Evaluation
Once candidates have completed the educational requirements, all learning labs and practice hours, a final oral evaluation is conducted by a master financial coach from Sage Financial Solutions.
Step 4: Final Certification Packet & Code of Ethics
The candidate will complete and return the AFCPE Final Certification packet, including a signed AFCPE Code of Ethics.
Certificants commit to maintaining the designation through ongoing professional development and annual fees. At this time, Authorization to use the Certification Marks is granted.
Step 5: Certification Renewal
To continue using the certification marks, post-certification requirements must be fulfilled each reporting period. The total CEU requirement of 15/reporting period will not change for ACC Professionals. However, 5 of your CEUs must be focused on financial coach skills and concepts.
Professional Development Credit:
ACC or AFC Professionals are eligible to receive a one-time credit of 5 CEUs upon completion of the 10 hours of web-based (or live training).
“I chose to enroll in the FFC program because I feel very strongly about professionalizing the field of financial coaching. By taking the course with Saundra and Sage I grew tremendously! I loved the insight, I loved the feedback and most of all, the professional development that comes from a professional like Saundra has been really wonderful for me.”
~Kristy Tubbs, AFC®, FFC Candidate